If you are reading this article, you will surely fall into the group of a newborn casino. Calm! We have all been beginners, but as you will see below it does not have many complications.
We know that Euro Vegas will no longer be built in Madrid, but we are not concerned. There are plenty of places with traditional and online casinos where you can develop your skills. If you are a beginner of roulette or blackjack or do not even know the list of games in a casino, we will help you.
• List of games
• Tips to win
The list of games in a casino is not always the same, it will depend on the casino. However, there are some common ones that every player should know:
Roulette is the most mythical game of chance in both traditional and online casinos. In roulette you can make bets on numbers or simple bets like red / black, even / odd … With slight differences, we can distinguish between three types of roulette:
• French or European: It is made up of 37 numbers from 0 to 36. When the ball falls on 0, players have two options: leave the bet on the mat until the next roll or withdraw the bet recovering only half the amount bet.
• American 0: Like the French has 37 numbers from 0 to 36. If the ball falls to 0, players who have made simple bets will recover half of the amount wagered.
• American of two 00: Unlike the other two, this one has 38 numbers, from 0 to 36 plus double zero (00). As a general rule, when the ball drops to 0 in this type of roulette, players with single bets will lose the entire amount wagered, unless otherwise specified.
Although online casinos have all 3 types of roulette, in traditional Spanish casinos it will be rare to find American roulette with two zeros.
Blackjack is played based on a point system and is one of the easiest casino games to understand.
In blackjack all players play against the dealer (the bank), so the idea is to beat the dealer. The objective of the game is to obtain a superior play from the dealer without ever exceeding 21 points.
The players place their bets and then the dealer deals the cards. Each player will receive two face up cards and the dealer will deal himself a face up card as well. The card values are:
• From 2 to 10: The same value of the card.
• J, Q, K: They will always be 10.
• Ace: It will be worth 1 or 11 depending on the player’s interest, that is, whether or not he exceeds 21.
Once all the members have their cards, each player speaks. Players have 4 options:
– Request card: players can request as many cards as they wish. In case of over 21 the player loses the bet.
– Stand: The player considers that he already has a good move and if he asks for a card he will pass, so he decides to stay as is.
– Double the bet: After having received the first two cards, each player has the option to double the bet made, however, after having doubled the bet, they will only have the option to receive one more card.
– Separate: If the two initial cards have the same value, they can be separated, thus making two independent moves.
PUNTO Y BANCA OR BACCARAT
This game, the favorite of Asian players, is one of the most elite in the casino due to the high limits it can reach. The point and bank has a main difference with the rest of the games, and that is that it is the only one in which the players can deal the cards. On the other hand, it has a limit of up to 14 players in each game, so the largest table in the casino will be dedicated to this game. In addition, and as you can see in the image, sometimes there can be up to 3 dealers.
The rules of the game are very simple to understand. The objective is to add 9 points, therefore, whoever gets 9 who comes closest wins.
There are two hands: the point and the bank, the rest of the players will limit themselves to betting that one or the other wins or that they will tie.
The card values are as follows:
• From 2 to 9: The same value of the card.
• 10, J, Q, K: They will have a value of 10.
• Ace: It will always have a value of 1.
Once each player has made his bet for the point, the bank or the tie, two cards are dealt to each player. Each hand will always have a value between 0 and 9. In the event that a hand had a score of 10 or higher, we would use only the units figure. If, for example, we have a score of 4 + 9 = 13, the value of our move would be 3.
If in the first hand one of the two players has a score in his hand of 8 or 9, the game will be ended. If one of the two hands exceeds 10, you will necessarily have to receive a third card.
Despite the fact that the tie has a greater profit (8 to 1) than the fact that it wins point or bench (1 to 1), it is not advisable to bet on the tie since the probabilities of it occurring are much lower.
THE MINIPOINT AND BANKING
It is a variation of the very common game in Spanish casinos. The only difference from regular play is that the betting limits will be lower.
Unlike the games mentioned above, craps is played with dice rather than cards. All players play against the bank or casino. In turns, the players roll 2 dice. The person who rolls the dice is called a shooter or shooter.
The rest of the table can bet on or against the shooter. The shooter is obliged to always bet the minimum of the table on the pass line or on the don’t pass line. The player who has the turn after the shooter can choose to roll or pass. The dice will go around the table until some player decides to roll them.
It is worth mentioning that if when rolling the dice they fall off the table, the tiradá will be canceled and therefore it will have to be repeated.
PASS LINE / PASS-LINE BETS:
If on the first roll a 7 or an 11 is rolled the bet is won, and if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled – the so-called craps – it is automatically lost. In the event that the number shown on the dice is 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, the roll becomes the point. If we are before the point, the shooter must continue rolling the dice until the same score comes out but without a 7 coming up first. In this case, the bet is automatically lost.
DO NOT PASS LINE / DON’T PASS BETS
In this type of bet, the person who bets will win the first play with 2 or 3, lose with 7 or 11 and draw with 12. In the event that 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 came out, the point. This time the shooter would also continue to roll the dice but the 7 wins and the same score loses.
These are the most traditional bets, for a complete list click here.
TIPS TO WIN
We don’t have the master formula, but if you’re a newbie, our first tip for gambling in a casino is don’t risk too much.
• Try some free casino games before playing your money.
• Decide how much you are going to bet before you start playing.
• At the point and banking bet on banking.
• Review the strategies to follow in the casino.
• Remember to enjoy playing.